Can a robot vacuum cleaner for 20 thousand rubles cope with its duties in everyday life? We check on the example of one of the most popular devices — Panda Evo, released in the recent 2020.
Appearance and equipment
Let’s start with the analysis of the design and the components of the package. It should be noted the stylish design of the device, executed in the best traditions of futurism.
The gadget is made of durable glossy plastic, and the combination of black with geometric patterns adds a share of elegance to the robot vacuum cleaner.
Above is a small control panel, represented by three main buttons.
The rubber band rings the gadget. Beneath it is a soft-touch bumper. Around the circle are collision and search sensors for the docking station.
On the back side there is a dust collector, which can be removed by lightly pressing a special key. You can also attach a water tank with a microfiber cloth there and do wet cleaning.
Also on the bottom of the device you can see a swivel roller, two main wheels, side brushes and a central turbo brush.
The complete set of the device is rich in elements:
- The robot vacuum cleaner.
- Charging station.
- Additional microfiber.
- Two pairs of side brushes.
- Magnetic tape motion limiter.
- Water tank with napkin.
- Remote control.
- Additional HEPA filter.
- Cleaning device.
- Instructions and step-by-step guide for connecting the robot to the mobile application.
Key parameters of the robot vacuum cleaner
Let’s start with the battery of the Panda Evo robot vacuum cleaner. The battery capacity of the device is 2600 mAh, and the operating time on a single charge is 120 minutes.
The suction power of the vacuum cleaner can be developed up to 2150, which is a fairly good indicator for a device in this price segment.
We can note the large volume of the dust collector — 800 ml, the wet cleaning tank holds 180 ml of water.
Functions of the robot vacuum cleaner
Panda Evo is a robot vacuum cleaner designed for dry and wet cleaning of floor coverings.
Navigation of the device is carried out thanks to a double gyroscope and a soft touch bumper. This type of orientation scans the location of objects and quickly measures the distance to them. The SLAM navigation method builds a room map at lightning speed, which allows the robot to efficiently and quickly cope with its duties.
Cleaning mechanics are simple:
- Side brushes capture litter from the external environment, directing it to the bottom of the device.
- The turbo brush is designed to remove wool and hair from carpets, as well as to sweep dust from hard-to-reach places, such as cracks and joints.
- The motor installed in the Panda Evo directs the debris into the dust collector. The maximum suction power reaches 2150 Pa: an impressive parameter and allows you to cope with any kind of debris, both small and large.
The filtration system is responsible for the cleanliness of the air in the room:
- Primarily, the air passes through the filter mesh, leaving the bulk of the dust on it.
- The flow is then directed to a HEPA filter where fine dust is retained.
This filtering format allows you to protect the environment from harmful pollution.
Wet cleaning is done after installing a special tank with a microfiber cloth. The main advantage: the device can perform combined cleaning, namely vacuuming and mopping at the same time. There is no electronic regulation of the liquid supply to the napkin, however, this does not affect the quality of cleaning.
Panda Evo operates in three main modes:
- Automatic mode — a route along the S-trajectory, consistently capturing the entire territory available for cleaning.
- Cleaning «along the walls» — a route along the baseboards, which allows you to more effectively deal with dirt in hard-to-reach places.
- Spiral cleaning mode — cleaning is carried out locally within a radius of one meter.
It is convenient to manage the device through the official mobile application available in the Play Market and the App Store. It gives you access to the following features:
- Suction power setting and choice of one of three operating modes.
- View cleaning plan in real time.
- Possibility to program a delayed start of cleaning.
- Changing the trajectory of the robot manually.
- dry and wet cleaning
- dust container 0.80 l and water container 0.18 l
- electric brush, side brush, fine filter included
- battery life: up to 120 min
- smartphone control
- weekday programming
- building a room map
- WxDxH: 32x32x7.60 cm
In its price category, the Panda Evo robot vacuum cleaner is one of the best representatives. The device clearly corresponds to the declared parameters, is equipped with basic functions, is easy to manage and maintain. It copes well with cleaning any type of flooring and will become an indispensable assistant in small or medium-sized apartments.